Invitation to the “Confronting Climate Change and Extreme Weather: A Public Health Perspective” event on April 10th at UCLA
Please join us!
As a follow up of the Governor’s Brown Conference on Extreme Climate Risk and California Future, the Center for Public Health and Climate Change at PHI is co-organizing with the UCLA Center for Public Health Disasters and the California Department of Public Health a complementary event of the governor’s conference presenting: “Confronting Climate Change and Extreme Weather” on April 10th, 2012, 9:30-12 noon at UCLA Center for Health Sciences Room 17-256.
The event will present among issues:
- Report from the Governor’s Conference on Extreme Climate Change Risks and California’s Future – Kathy Dervin, CDPH, Climate and Health Program-
- Climate Impacts for LA/Southern California
- Dr. Alex Hall, Climate Model data and Dr. Cristina Tirado, Health Effects
- Vulnerability and the Climate Gap –Climate Impacts and Equity – Dr. Paul English, CDPH, Env Health Tracking Program
- Disaster Preparedness and Community Resilience -Dr. Kim Shoaf
- Q&A and Discussion
We look forward to meeting you at the event!